Stage Coach Marker
Minos M. Long owned and operated the Austin to Lampasas Stage Line from 1872 to 1877. Along the line were stage stops afor replacing horse teams, which were located at Running Brushy, Liberty Hill, and Burnet. After 1877, the stage line passed through Round Rock. Chiseled with “A.17.M”, the limestone marker signals the 17-mile distance from 1880’s downtown Austin to Cedar Park. Located 335 Cypress Cree Road, next to the opening at the Middle Brook Apartments.
ATA17-mile stage marker located next to driveway opening at Middle Brook Apartments at 335 Cypress Creek Road. 1856. The stage operated from about 1856 to 1877.